LegacyGT.com

Search results

Is it possible to have the search results actually link to the page they're found in? A great example of this to search for 'Denso' then view a thread with lots of replies. The comment actually talking about Denso may be many pages into the thread and makes finding what you're looking for very hard.

Winning the internet

Um.. Interesting, maybe I'm not seeing the option? Would it be possible to make this a default option for any searches? I would think that it would reduce the number of searches overall because people could find exactly what they're looking for right away.

Winning the internet

Oh no, I know that's there. is it show results as posts rather than threads? IIRC when I tried that it still gave me the first post of the thread rather than the one where the result was found, maybe I just didn't hit the right option last time.

Winning the internet

is it show results as posts rather than threads? IIRC when I tried that it still gave me the first post of the thread rather than the one where the result was found

You were close. When you choose the "show results as posts" option, each result shows the thread title (which is link to the start of the thread), followed by the first few words of the particular post. You can click on that sentence to jump to that post...

1367554213_LGTsearch.jpg.1b0877f7db5d2576d4a551bde14ca6a7.jpg

(click for larger image)

Also, if you're already viewing a thread, you can click on the "Search this Thread" (button near the top) to search for posts with whatever keyword(s) or author.

Archived