LegacyGT.com

lgt-sti

REDlgt05

couple questions here...rockin an 05 lgt looking to find possibly some sti parts to replace the lgt up pipe down pipe and axelback... same year sti parts gunna fit my engine? and i was told the vf39 was the best upgrade for my turbo ? any feedback on any of this? im just gathering information to get more bang for my bucks

Any STi pre 09 does not have a DP that will work, they all had DP's that were shorter. You will need to buy a DP from a legacy member or new. Also... You will have to get legacy exhaust from the DP back as well. But that can be had for cheap in the classifieds area.

As for the turbo. It depends on how much modification you want to do. To do the VF39 you must replace either the intake manifold and TMIC, or go with an FMIC. A direct replacement turbo is the VF52. The VF39 isnt a bad turbo, just needs quite a bit of modification to fit, whereas the vf52 will bolt on without having to modify anything, just use an aftermarket TMIC (it'll blow the stock TMIC easy). But, you will also need injectors and a fuel pump with the VF52, where the VF39 doesnt require them, but it is recommended.

Just do some serious reading on the forums, there is a LOT of information and further detail on this stuff as its all been done before, so you can learn from the previous failures.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived