LegacyGT.com

2.5GT Requires 10quarts of oil eh??

So,

Of course this is absurd but the mechanic that did my oil change must have forgotten to drain the old oil and they just added 5qts and sent me on my way. Nice eh?

My butt dyno indicated right away that something was wrong... my car had lost its balls! I had my g/f with me at the time and she needed to be somewhere so I continued on my way, hit the highway... started cruising @ 70mph and *CHUG* *CHUG* the engine just started bucking violently... then ran normal. Weird, considering this car has only 24K on it. So I get home, car cools down, I start it up again and blue smoke pours out of my exhaust.... I check my oil and guess what I found! The oil level is 2.5 inches above the twist in the dipstick!!! AND the oil is Dark like maple syrup... not light like honey! Also under the hood by the BOV/TMIC its all wet with oil spray.

Anyone think this could have caused some permanent damage?

Wow. The engine is most likely toast.

Dealer or an indy shop? Post the place's name. Don't let them drain the oil and send you away.

dealer did that to me once, i dont think the oil was as much getting around the pistons as the PCV was spitting it back into the intake which then sucked it into the engine. my oil catch can was FULL from excess oil.

dad got it back from the dealer after the inspection and said it was running real slow in gears 1-2 and slow on the highway. when he got off (20 min later) he said lots of blue smoke followed him back. we started it in the garage and it was FULL of smoke.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84507

dealer drained it and it seems to be running fine. i havent really been back to them since

I think that issue is only with the 4EATs due to the tranny drain plug not being torx.

Of course, that doesn't make it impossible, just improbable. :spin:

I see places drain the front differential more so than the transmission.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Last winter I was having my oil changed (I don't do it in winter because I have no inside place to do it). It was a mechanic who I had slight doubt about... let's leave it at that... anyway, I finally managed in letting him let me watch. He put my drain plug back in without a washer. I said "shouldn't you put in a new washer?", and he said "Oh, I guess". This same mechanic later crashed my car... I should have listened my doubts... anyway. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope your car is alright. You should get away with just having to replace the PCV, they don't like getting all full of oil, so a good idea to replace. Besides, a cheap easy thing to replace.

**UPDATE**

Hey Everybody, thanks so much for all of your comments. Yes, it was the dealer but I will refrain from telling you which one because they usually do EXCELLENT work under warranty while looking past certain modifications that other dealers would normally call out!

I called the 1 800 roadside number to have the car towed back to the dealer... the dealer paid the 9mile overage. They also offered to send me a loaner car but I refused because I have a Jeep to drive. The dealer has treated me well and so far no news (they've had the car for 3 days.) They will replace plugs, PCV and clean out the intake and all that good stuff. I am also going to argue for a warranty extension.

Keeping you all updated!

Archived