LegacyGT.com

Yesterday I drove some supercars.

based on reviews, it's the most uncomfortable car ever made ;) and 5 speed automatic, eh

Nobody makes a manual that'll reliably hold the torque. When you're artificially limited to 740 torque (actual possible is well over 800), you're making some real twist.

That 5spd auto is a very good slushbox. It shifts exactly the way you'd want it to, even holding the gear when you let off the gas so you can get back on it with no transition. It's got the paddle shift too if you want full control. Gear changes are nearly instant with zero loss of forward momentum.

I do agree that the Black Series is simply for bragging rights. The standard CL and SL 65 AMG models are more than adequate!

Nobody makes a manual that'll reliably hold the torque. When you're artificially limited to 740 torque (actual possible is well over 800), you're making some real twist.

That 5spd auto is a very good slushbox. It shifts exactly the way you'd want it to, even holding the gear when you let off the gas so you can get back on it with no transition. It's got the paddle shift too if you want full control. Gear changes are nearly instant with zero loss of forward momentum.

I do agree that the Black Series is simply for bragging rights. The standard CL and SL 65 AMG models are more than adequate!

Don't confuse Azca with details!

There are manuals that would hold that torque reliably by the way. In fact I'll bet Eaton, or Allison would be happy to supply one. Unfortunately any of the units would be very large, and very heavy, and require a shift lever about 2 feet long or more.:lol:

Guest heightsgtltd
$300 bucks to drive all these cars? Does that seem expensive to you? If so, don't come east as this would cost around $1100 bucks for the same thing

$300 bucks to drive all these cars? Does that seem expensive to you? If so, don't come east as this would cost around $1100 bucks for the same thing

Agreed.

How much is a ticket for an amusement park? How much time do you waste standing in line waiting to ride the good rides?

$300 to drive some super cars all day long is an absolute steal in comparison.

Quite the opposite. Most of these programs let you drive longer in the cars but end up costing a couple grand. Or at least all the programs I've read about, but they're always set up on the Coasts.

Don't confuse Azca with details!

There are manuals that would hold that torque reliably by the way. In fact I'll bet Eaton, or Allison would be happy to supply one. Unfortunately any of the units would be very large, and very heavy, and require a shift lever about 2 feet long or more.:lol:

i remember lamborghini gallardo's that had a clutch problem when it came to the manual transmissions....

based on reviews, it's the most uncomfortable car ever made ;) and 5 speed automatic, eh

thats like saying you wouldnt wanna drive a gtr because its auto?? auto or not... it would still be a fun car to drive...

:whore:

Someone in the Carolinas offers something similar for a few hundred.:)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2568/3764328575_f0f611bb56_b.jpg

Did this thing also come with a free hooker or something? WTF?:lol::confused:

watch this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdg7Rhijzok]YouTube - Top Gear Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG Black[/ame]

and yes, I don't like gtr. It's ugly, boring (very), and it's a Nissan

i remember lamborghini gallardo's that had a clutch problem when it came to the manual transmissions....

thats like saying you wouldnt wanna drive a gtr because its auto?? auto or not... it would still be a fun car to drive...

lol.... suspension being stiff and tire side wall not flexing is understandable...... i dunno y they made the seats uncomfortable.... but it still looked like a blast to drive!! though i think i would crash it in a heartbeat.... HAHAHAHA

:whore:

Someone in the Carolinas offers something similar for a few hundred.:)

Did this thing also come with a free hooker or something? WTF?:lol::confused:

1) I could hit the Carolinas for something like this, that would be a sweet vacation!

2) $300 = drop in the bucket to drive those things. Looks like you had a helluva time, lucky SOB! ;):)

3) :lol: @ free hooker! More pics? :hide::lol: :lol:

Archived