LegacyGT.com

Tranny filter location on 2008 Legacy 2.5 Special Edition

I've searched the forum and the net in general. I've found a couple of similar questions but haven't got a clear answer in my mind. According to owners manual my car is supposed to have a spin on tranny filter located just to the front of and above the tranny drain plug. However, my car has only a bolt with what looks like a cover where the filter would have originally been. Some posts have said the filter might be located near the front of the car near the battery, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone know where the tranny filter is for an 08 Legacy Special Edition with the 4EAT tranny? Thanks for the help

Where oh where has my tranny filter gone, oh where, oh where can it be?

on my08 gt its in front of the battery to the right (if looking at it) in near/inside the fender. if you move the battery to the left you can see it. it behind the headlight in the fender area. again this is on 08 gt, towards the front of the car

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I saw mine when I was under the car for the 1st time today, the tranny filter is behind the engine under the car, there's a tranny fluid pan with a drainplug, and the filter is on the driver side of the tranny housing, almost under where your feet would be in the car.

Archived