LegacyGT.com

Missing parts on brand new 2.5 special edition???

went to change my oil, used the owners manual and the great how to on the cheap mods page. My underbody appears to be missing the entire plastic fascia?? the door to the oil filter is non existant?? the diagrams look all wrong and im wondering whats up...

There are unused holes on the other fascias where it would be joined.

so what gives? are all 09 leggys like this???

gimme your best .02

Well now it appears to me you might be missing the lower engine guard. I do not know the "Special Edition". But my 09LTD does have a full engine pan and a door for the oil filter.

Get some more input here then hit up your dealer for the parts.

On my 08 2.5 special edition there is no plastic cover guard under the motor. The filter is situated up between the exhaust pipes under the passenger side of the front of the motor. I was confused about this too because the 08 manual mentions the door for the filter, but I didn't have one. I kinda like the filter in this location as it is somewhat protected by the exhaust.

No engine undertray here either. I asked the dealer about it when I went to do my first oil change. The service manager told me that the 2.5i SE didn't come with an undertray. He didn't know why but just guessed that it was a 'cost saving measure'. I hear they're a PIA but it seems like having something under there wouldn't hurt. I'm not sure what year undertray would fit on the '09's though.

Consider yourself lucky. One less piece of worthless crap in your life to dispose of. My belief is that the undertray is to keep owners from easily seeing the oil leaks that will develop as the car ages and thus bothering the dealer about them.
It is still ugly.

The SE and base does not come with it, only the limited 2.5i and the GT does. Mine is a Limited 2.5i and it did come with it.

Funny - my '04 2.0 wagon has it - but no oil filter lid so I have to remove the whole thing when it's time to change filter... :spin:

But on the other hand - my car is made in Japan...

453747.png

Archived