LegacyGT.com

clutch advice for stage 3

05lgt5spd

so, im running 330 whp or so, 375tq, and my stock clutch is slipping horribly. I just picked up an 06 wrx flywheel because i was told it was necessary to run an act. What all extra do I need for the install, if anything, besides the clutch kit. Also, reading everyones opinions, I think i will go with the ACT STREET. So does this mean i buy the one for the 06 wrx? thanks!

might want to consider buying this:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107438

the price he's listing is pretty damn cheap compared to anywhere else you can buy it. the ACT should come with a new TOB already but the TSK3 replaces that.

is this what you're looking at? http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-1100/ACT-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

I have the ACT in my car now. Street Lite Flywheel and HDMM clutch for a 06+wrx. Make sure who installs it knows what they are doing and also look into having your clutch adjusted once the break in period is over. Other than that I get just a little clutch chatter in 1st when cold and that goes away eventually.

In all been very please with the clutch jsut very very mad at my choices for the install.

I have the ACT in my car now. Street Lite Flywheel and HDMM clutch for a 06+wrx. Make sure who installs it knows what they are doing and also look into having your clutch adjusted once the break in period is over. Other than that I get just a little clutch chatter in 1st when cold and that goes away eventually.

In all been very please with the clutch jsut very very mad at my choices for the install.

Where did you order your clutch? I looked at fredbeanparts, all I found was combos, according to that link above. I dont need a fly, just the clutch. Is it REALY necessary to buy the tsk3? does it help? thanks!

Alright, I bought the tks3 for good measure, thanks INVAR! So now im torn between the 6 puck ACT, and the HDMM ACT street. The street is only rated to 420ft lbs, and the 6 puck is over 500. Im pushing 379 ft-lbs to the wheels, which route would you guys go if it were your car? I am almost thinking the street wont be enough. But I also want a clutch thats going to last a while. Seems as if the 6 puck would wear faster. Its my daily driver, and i need to buy one this week!

6 puck will be extremely jittery for the first 1,000mi.

But after 1,000mi, I personally don't think it's that bad...

But that's just my opinion.

When you change the Flywheel, be prepared to hear some funky sound coming in from your tranny.

You will hear more gears for sure.

Alright, I bought the tks3 for good measure, thanks INVAR! So now im torn between the 6 puck ACT, and the HDMM ACT street. The street is only rated to 420ft lbs, and the 6 puck is over 500. Im pushing 379 ft-lbs to the wheels, which route would you guys go if it were your car? I am almost thinking the street wont be enough. But I also want a clutch thats going to last a while. Seems as if the 6 puck would wear faster. Its my daily driver, and i need to buy one this week!
Hehe, no problem. Keep us posted on how the TSK3 works out. I bought one too but from someone else for more $$ :(, but my clutch isn't due for replacement yet so I won't be installing it for a while.

I am in similar boat to you. I am right at the 420 ft/lb TQ now so was concerned about the full face ACT. The Southbend is rated to 450TQ-It's a full face feramic material. They are extremely well known for their clutches for modified diesels and more than a few people run them successfully in the Audi world...

Little to no feedback in the suby world that I could find. So far so good. My wife has been driving it and she has not said anything negative. Drivability is excellent. Some occasional chatter launching around 2K, but that could be the WRX flywheel (ditched the dual mass) as much as it is the clutch.

So far zero issue, but I just got past the break-in and did about 45 minutes of harder driving on it on some back country roads. I see no problem with it holding the power and drivability is very good. Seems to be a viable option but way too early to make any statements about durability/longevity.

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

Archived