LegacyGT.com

SRRT Phoenix Legacy at Barber Motorsports Park

canis

Brought my wife down to Barber (Leeds, AL) this past weekend to watch Subaru in the 2.5 hour Koni ST race. It was our first event, and what a time we had! We were able to walk the paddocks and immediately found the Subaru rig.

My thanks to Joe Aquilante, Kristian Skavnes, and the rest of the crew. They are a great bunch of guys and were willing to chat for a while amidst a busy race day. Congratulations on the 3rd place finish! I know y'all were hoping for at least 2nd. It looked like someone tagged the front rim pretty good - did that create wheel balance issues?

To all who have a chance to watch any of the grand-am Koni ST races, I highly recommend attending - it makes for a great weekend, and Subaru has a very competitive team!

IMG_2636.thumb.jpg.7041fca2dec8ec522c3d58c98b906d81.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.26e61802688f9431de44362776d6d42c.jpg

Brought my wife down to Barber (Leeds, AL) this past weekend to watch Subaru in the 2.5 hour Koni ST race. It was our first event, and what a time we had! We were able to walk the paddocks and immediately found the Subaru rig.

My thanks to Joe Aquilante, Kristian Skavnes, and the rest of the crew. They are a great bunch of guys and were willing to chat for a while amidst a busy race day. Congratulations on the 3rd place finish! I know y'all were hoping for at least 2nd. It looked like someone tagged the front rim pretty good - did that create wheel balance issues?

To all who have a chance to watch any of the grand-am Koni ST races, I highly recommend attending - it makes for a great weekend, and Subaru has a very competitive team!

Would love to see this car in action live.

I was reading they have a Grand-Am restrictor for the legacy now, on top of all the other things ya must keep stock. did they mention anything about that?

Yep - from what I gather the Legacy was out performing the rest of the field. The powers that be are constantly making various changes to the rules of each individual car type to try and keep it as competitive as possible. Applicable to Subaru, some of those changes are positive, others are negative (size of gas tank / turbo restrictor).

What surprised me is that the Legacy is far and away the heaviest car out there, by almost 200lbs!

Thanks for stopping by everyone... What a great facility barber is!!

The Legacy ran well and was in the lead at the mid point... Even with the bent wheel affecting handling, we were still able to finish third and Kristian heldoff the faster lighter cars towards the end...

We will have some pics on the website next week www.srrtphoenix.com.

We have to weigh 3100 pounds without driver... Most of the other cars are 2700 or lighter!!!

Its ok though, our legacy out handles them by a long shot!!!

Joe

Thanks for stopping by everyone... What a great facility barber is!!

The Legacy ran well and was in the lead at the mid point... Even with the bent wheel affecting handling, we were still able to finish third and Kristian heldoff the faster lighter cars towards the end...

We will have some pics on the website next week www.srrtphoenix.com.

We have to weigh 3100 pounds without driver... Most of the other cars are 2700 or lighter!!!

Its ok though, our legacy out handles them by a long shot!!!

Joe

Great work!

How big of issue is heat soak with the legacy on the track?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived