LegacyGT.com

5eat "over boosting"

youknowit

:confused: Not really sure if my car is "over boosting" but when it/me shifts at WOT ive seen my AP read as high a 18.9 psi. (Which i think is just due to the fact that the tranny doesnt shift when i want it too/when it wants to, IE: i hit the + at 6000 and it doesnt shift til 6800 or whatever) when im only a stage one. My IAM doesnt drop and I dont feel a lose of power. Im just wondering whats going on, or if its an issue

hmmm almost 1000 rpms to switch gears that wouldnt be normal to me. It takes me about 200-400 rpms til mine shifts but then again im still stock but 800 rpms seems like major slippage to meh anyway.

Well, I guess it isnt that much. but even if its in complete automatic mode and it shifts at WOT its still reading high on the AP but say i have it in manual mode and drive it hard to 6500 and left off then shift it will read the 16.5 psi.

Im just wondering if it really is 18-19psi or is it because of the lack/slow shift time at WOT

There will always be a delay between the time you hit the button and the car shifts.

Don't pay attention to that lag. Pay attention to the lag between the time you can feel the transmission disengaging one gear and finally grabbing the next. THAT is what's meaningful. Unfortunately we're not driving SMGs, so the programming in the auto will always permit around half second lag between you hitting the button and the tranny actually starting to do what you asked it.

Between the time the transmission disengages the gear and gets to the next, your revs shouldn't "flare up" more than 400 rpms or so, especially at Stage 1.

You need to datalog your car in order to be able to tell what is going on. 18+ PSI definitely does not sound good to me. What map are you running? Cobb OTS? At Stage 1 from what I remember I think target boost is around 15PSI.

Archived