LegacyGT.com

Car jerks

My car would jerk right before the complete stop while im breaking. I thinking its something to do with transmission. Feels like it doesnt want to lower the gear or something. Sometimes itll jerk alot and is getting annoying. Would you guys know what could be the problem or if it would be covered under the warranty.

My car would jerk right before the complete stop while im breaking. I thinking its something to do with transmission. Feels like it doesnt want to lower the gear or something. Sometimes itll jerk alot and is getting annoying. Would you guys know what could be the problem or if it would be covered under the warranty.

it will be covered, you have 3year/36k bumper to bumper. Bring it in to the dealership. How are the brakes? My guess is that it can be from warp rotor(s)?

Got back from dealership and they told me it was downshifting incorrectly so he reprogrammed my transmission. Not exactly sure what that means. The problem wasnt fixed and he told me that Subaru is aware of that problem and they are trying to fix the problem. My car still jerks right before I stop and it sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Service advisor told me that he will get back to me when they get the new codes to fix the downshift from SOA. Its something to do with the transmission. Not exactly sure when that will be.

I got my 30,000 service done and it seems it got little bit better but it still jerks. Is there something I can do so they can fix the problem right away like calling SOA. My warranty is about to end and Id probally end up paying to fix those problem later on. Im thinking about getting the extended warranty but its little pricey.

Most of the time if the problem was noted and has been to a dealer for repairs before the warranty expires, which yours has, they will continue to fix the problem for no cost. Just because time runs out doesn't mean they get a free ride on the problem.

Archived