LegacyGT.com

Infamous Tune or Accessport

jamato998

^ They can both be flashed back (plus my netbook flashes my rom in less than 30 seconds, lets see an AP do a real time flash that fast). The first step to an open source tune is saving your factory rom. There is NO warranty advantage to an AP.

I have even dropped my car off for warranty work with my Infamous1 tune in place (and my tactrix cable hard wired) and my car at stage 2.5. No issues, no questions from Subaru.

As for "live" tuning. If you are capable of using street tuner with your AP you are most likely capable of making changes to your rom. I don't claim to kow how to tune, but I have looked at the differences in the different roms I have and could easily adjust a few parameters on my own.

I started with an AP and traded it in for the open source route. I am MUCH happier now then I ever was with the AP. And yes the OTS tunes are CRAP!

Not a thread jack, but nice new avatar captainhook. Our cars are scary similar, hows yours been treating you?

Not a thread jack, but nice new avatar captainhook. Our cars are scary similar, hows yours been treating you?

Ehh, could be better, got in a fender bender last Friday in a downpour. :(

. . . back on topic, I'm the same way with taking my car in for work. I just leave the tuned map on, take the AP off its mount, and I'm good to go. I do, however, have a very lenient dealership though. Opensource is definitely the most economical way to go, but I'm a sucker for knowing exactly what my car is doing 24/7 and there's no way I'm driving around with a laptop or netbook open all the time. With the AP I can jump in, plug in, and I'm driving around with live data in well under a minute. The other toys on the AP are nice as well like the code reader/clearer, mpg functions, 0-60timer, etc etc etc. It's all a matter of preference . . .

^ Sorry to hear about the mishap. :(

True. Both accomplish the same goal. I don't mind cruising with my netbook open. It doubles as my ipod. With the Ram mount I can disconnect the netbook and passengers are comfortable as well. Slightly larger than my AP was, but far more powerful/flexible.

Infamous1 tuned FTW!

Cobb OTS maps if you like knock, stutters, etc.!

Just got my stage 2 Infamous road tune last week. This is the second map he has done for me, as he also did my stage 1. He is the man. I would venture to say the best Legacy tuner in the US. Actually he told me that he is doing a etune for a guy in Japan. From the way my car runs now, I know why people look for him form other parts of the globe. Infamous is the only way to go.

I have a Cobb AP with a tune from Rallitek performance. No knock noted. boosting 16.5psi at stage1. Over boost in the cold sometimes but thats minor. Once i get the IPT valve body done and go stage 2, it will be dyno tuned from someone who can use an AP so I can still monitor.

I have a Cobb AP with a tune from Rallitek performance. No knock noted. boosting 16.5psi at stage1. Over boost in the cold sometimes but thats minor. Once i get the IPT valve body done and go stage 2, it will be dyno tuned from someone who can use an AP so I can still monitor.

same for me opensource

Got my 05 LGTW tuned by Infamous1 and I like it. Set up before and after the tune is the same: SPT intake with AEM Dryflow filter and Borla exhaust. Here are the results of the stg1 tune:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/tobyloby/SugawiLGTStg1SPTBorlaCBE.jpg

just flashed my base-map from infamous1. VERY helpful tuner:p, i just turned 21 & i'm new to the whole open source tuning...but was guided by my tuner infamous1, swell guy, just sent him my logs after my flash and 3rd gear pull..now i wait anxiously to see what he has to say :munch: i recommend any-1 to go open source (with the best of the best Infamous1)

Archived