LegacyGT.com

Differences between OB and Leg suspension?

So what is actually different?

Strut length?

I know the differences between the older Forester and Impreza. The Forester simply had body spacers at every mount location, along with taller struts.

How does it work for the Legacy/Outback?

I'm going to pick up a set of Endura-Tech coilovers for an LGT for my Outback shortly, and I'm curious on overall ride height and suspension geometry.

When using WRX/STI suspension on an FXT (pre-09), it's fine to leave body spacers in. In fact, removing them causes negative changes in suspension geometry and a good increase in bump steer.

Any input?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If you do a search you will find allot on this subject.

I will however help you here and say. Outbacks have a 1" lift via body spacers front and rear on their subframes. They also achieve their height with different springs, shocks ect. You can put coil overs on (I did) and you will need to do some adjustments, also removal of the outback bump-stops as you will bottom out on them with a legacy suspension.

Also steering in my car hasn't seemed to be effected good or bad in the bump steer dept. I did not remove my body spacers, as its wayyyy to expensive and to much work, I do not have an issue with them in

Can I simply cut the factory bump stops?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived