LegacyGT.com

Exhaust tone questions

Topshelfs30

What does a better job of deepening the tone of exhaust? in-line muffler? or a better resonator?

I have the MR CBE. It sounded really good to me for a while from inside the car and when i hang my head out the window. But when i put the rear seat down, i heard how raspy and rough sounding it actually was.

Around 3000+ under heavy accel. it gets horrible raspy like an exhaust leak.

I plan to do a downpipe and stage 2 soon, but what can i do to tone down the exhaust before it gets to the muffler? I want the sound to be more deep and rumble-like. Not ebay-crap-gay sounding.

One or two resonators in the mid pipe (before the mufflers) will tone down the exhaust. I have two resonators in my Magnaflow CBE and the sound is deeper. You can install the resonators one at a time to see if you are happy with just one.

Lloyd M. 2006 GRP LGT 5EAT Sedan [For Sale]

What does a better job of deepening the tone of exhaust? in-line muffler? or a better resonator?

I have the MR CBE. It sounded really good to me for a while from inside the car and when i hang my head out the window. But when i put the rear seat down, i heard how raspy and rough sounding it actually was.

Around 3000+ under heavy accel. it gets horrible raspy like an exhaust leak.

I plan to do a downpipe and stage 2 soon, but what can i do to tone down the exhaust before it gets to the muffler? I want the sound to be more deep and rumble-like. Not ebay-crap-gay sounding.

my megan cbe sound pretty deep as is.... just a little on the quiet side... maybe u really have a leak?? i have the megan single tips btw....

Archived