LegacyGT.com

Cage on a wagon? Any thoughts?

Thinking about having my car delivered with that cage looking divider between the rear seats and the cargo area. I have a small baby in the back seat and am worried about gear flying over the back seat and hitting her. Anyone have any experience with these. They are usually used for dogs. Is the installation permanent ie. do they have to drill holes? Can the divider be removed in case I need the space during seat folddown? Any other thoughts? Thanks, Ron

I am not positive on this but I would imagine it is removable for larger cargo interchangeability. Here is what the SoA site says... [img]http://www.subaru.com/images/shop/legacy/accessories/F551SAG600.jpg[/img] Separates pets and cargo from passenger area. Note: Not for use with child safety seats requiring tether straps.

sometimes quick stops are required even when you are not driving aggressively. I think that's more what he is talking about. Personally I think that cargo nets and such would be a way to go.. I don't know if I would trust the dog separator. it might be just fine though too.

Depends on which cargo net. Cargo Net, Rear - keeps things in while hatch is open. Cargo Net, Rear Side Compartment - keeps things against the rear side compartment. Cargo Net, Rear of Rear Seat Back - keeps things against the rear seats.

[quote name='rltrock']Does a cargo net divide the cargo area from the back seat, or does it merely "tie down" stuff in the cargo area?[/quote] Cargo net attaches/fixes stuff otherwise loose in the trunk like soccer balls, cargo cover is just a cover that allows you not to expose your stuff to curious individuals outside of the car (could prevent theft, if you wanted to put a laptop in your trunk for example). I personally think the cargo cover combined with a cargo net will answer your needs for your child's safety. The cage is overkill, unless you have a dog.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

I had that dog cage in my 1998 Legacy GT. It was kind of boring and tricky to remove. Definitly not the kind of cage you put/remove frequently. Instead, I'd rather have the one shown on the bottom of page 20 from this [url=http://accessory.subaru.co.jp/legacy/catalog/index.html]JDM accessory catalog[/url] Not available here :evil:

Archived