LegacyGT.com

Friend's logs and LV from 18G LGT

CasopoliS

Yikes! IAM should be at 1. Even if it was just reset, it would start at .5 and work it's way to 1 in increments of .25 assuming that part of the rom wasn't altered. It drops in increments of .125 so it seems the ecu is pulling iam considerably to keep from knocking. The fact that there is still some learned knock with IAM that low isn't good. Do you know if the boost target is 20-21psi in the rom?

As for timing, it should definitely drop when it starts to spool up.

I am used to seeing the timing drop, I just did not know if a sudden 7-8 degrees was normal.

Yea I was confused about the IAM as well. IAM relates to rough correction right?

Regarding knock sum: The concern is if you see knock sum change during the pull, correct? The actual number is less of a concern?

If knock sum increments then the ecu detected a knock. It shouldn't be knocking at all with IAM that low though. I'm no pro, but I think I would do an ecu reset, and see if you can catch where it knocks with some logs.

With the IAM 'that' low and some additional timing being pulled down low my guess is bad gas or a post-MAF/pre-compressor vacuum leak.

What are the mods on the car? Flow numbers & boost pressure at redline show its not a VF40.....

From the LV it looks like a lot of low load lower rpm knock..WOT runs look clean.

Assuming your friend does not have a boost leak somewhere, I think the first thing you need to do is rescale the maf. The LV shows fuel adjustment of 5% in the 40 g/sec range. This correction is applied to the entire high end maf scaling..IMO 5% is way too much in the 40+ range. On average my car is less than 1%.

Once that is sorted out, he should log normal driving to determine where he is knocking. If he is knocking mainly in the very low RPM low load region it is probably just noise. If there is enough noise..it will knock your IAM down. The only real solution to this is raising the listening ranges in which IAM can be reduced.

Archived