LegacyGT.com

Monday Night Meet- Frisco

grimlin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll try to come up there this Monday. Couldn't come yesterday because I was in salt lake city driving the 2010 lgt. :)

and...thoughts? they had one at SOP but I didn't dare ask to drive it.

Well, i have mixed feelings. It's quite big and just doesn't feel as nimble as the 09 models, but it handles better and is much faster. The ride is comfortable and not sloppy like you'd think but sitting in the car feels weird because the hood line is so high. All in all I think it's worth a look and I think some people will like it more than they'd think. Also the steering is excellent. I'm not sure if Plano is weird about letting people drive it, but as soon as we get one and if you feel like driving to hurst, i'd be more than happy to let you take one out. They are really nice...just take some getting used to.

It really is, however once you're in it and drive it, you end up liking it. Honestly, I'm really torn between the new one and the current one. There are things I like about both. I will say though, spool starts at 2K rpm on the LGT which is really nice. The thing does have some power!

This is my third Subaru so I've been with them a long time (10 years), but the sequential 6-speed on the Evo MR makes me tingly. Unless Subaru comes out with an STi version of the Legacy that can compete with the price point of the MR I just don't see myself in another one :(

In all fairness the legacy and evo don't compete. I still really think you should look at the legacy when you are in the market next. If we had a gt at the dealership I'd have you come by to look at it just so you could see it. But I think depending on people's needs the legacy is a great car.

I agree, the evo competes with the sti, obviously, which i would definitely take the Sti over the evo any day of the week. Power specs are better, and I've heard evos have problems...not to say that I still don't like those cars and would disapprove of them!

Well, you'd still be welcome to attend the LGT meets in your Evo. It would be nice to get a ride in one to see what the fuss is all about. Seems there was a little gathering of Evos at BD's last time we were all there.

This is my third Subaru so I've been with them a long time (10 years), but the sequential 6-speed on the Evo MR makes me tingly. Unless Subaru comes out with an STi version of the Legacy that can compete with the price point of the MR I just don't see myself in another one :(

Archived