LegacyGT.com

What mod was this?

I was driving to pick up my new 09 XT yesterday and drove past another XT with what I think was an exhaust mod. Mine is stock and the pipes curve downwards and are concealed almost behind the rear bumper - this one appeared to have straight pipes with a different tip and the rear bumper appeared to have been moulded to allow the pipes to stick out straight. Any ideas? I thought it looked way better than my stock ones and wondered what it might be, does it add anything performance wise and how much it costs?

Only North America got the turned-down tips, IIRC. Rest Of World got a notched bumper & straight tips.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Only North America got the turned-down tips, IIRC. Rest Of World got a notched bumper & straight tips.

Is this something that can be easily done? Does it add any performance or purely cosmetic? Sources for parts if it can be easily done?

Thanks,

The notched bumpers are available from japanparts & other vendors, $700 or so IIRC. Probably a good idea if you're going for big tips.

OTOH, I got LGT mufflers for cheap, lengthened the tips a bit, and added slightly longer hangers with the stock USDM Outback bumper.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25873&highlight=%22lgt+stuff+installed%22

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived