LegacyGT.com

suggestions for sts??

I have the Cobb STS and love it, although it took a lot of adjusting before it was perfect. It was the first thing I put in the car, actually. Relatively simple to install if you have some c-clip pliers. The stock shifter is just awful. It felt like rowing a boat. Good luck finding one though. Cobb has discontinued them. I am sure if you do some searching you'll be able to find a vendor that still has one is stock.

now i noticed that the cobb one is just the shifter itself not the whole unit like the subaru sti sts, is there a big difference in just replacing the shifter compared to the linkage and all that jazz that comes with the sti one? how is the kartboy shifter?

I had both the Cobb double adjustable shifter and the STI linkage assembly in my WRX. Throws were not as short with the STI assembly but were marginally smoother. I opted not to pay the higher premium on my Leggy and just got the Cobb shifter again. Like E-tank it took alot of adjusting before I got it right. Cobb no longer makes the Double adjustable shifter but it won't be too hard to find . I've seen a few vendors still selling them. Kartboy makes a very good piece but lack adjustablity on both ends (something that appealed to me). Always heard good thing about the kartboy feel and curve. AVO makes a nice piece with double adjust as well. Def a worthwhile mod but you may have to play with the piece to get it right. Playing with levers is a fine line between length of throw and ability to engage.

• 1 year later...

Archived