LegacyGT.com

My 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited wagon

matrix71

Hi. I am new to this forum and wanted to say hi first. Now for why I am here. I recently purchased a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited wagon. I love it but do not love the performance. There is nothing wrong with the car at all, I just want to increase performance some. I know next to nothing about modding engines,addon parts, etc......that's why I am here.

The only things I know of that have been suggested to me are a cold air intake (will give me like an additional 10-20hp and will increase gas mileage), and bigger spark plug wires. Any truth to that and if so/not what would you all suggest? I am looking for the most bang for the buck additions to add power and increase the sluggish feel. I'm looking to invest around $500.00 in the parts,give or take a few dollars. I have someone who will install all of this for me for free (he owes me tons of favors- have not asked yet since I have no idea what I need). Remember that I am a newb so please explain in terms I can understand (I am also 38 and not a kid looking for a "ride that will haul ass!!".

there isn't much for us NA (non-turbo) folks here but you're on the right track - a CAI will get you a bit of performance but you need to watch out about the MAF Sensor- that can throw a check engine light. Folks have had more luck with certain brands and less with others - if you search around here you will find them - if you go into the Naturally Aspirated forum on here you will see a sticky with a load of info on mods for the 2.5i.

Generally, the few things we can do is a CAI or other intake, exhaust (axelback exhausts) and the most performance mods will be from suspension upgrades.

see: http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

The only things I know of that have been suggested to me are a cold air intake (will give me like an additional 10-20hp and will increase gas mileage), and bigger spark plug wires.

You're looking at probably 5-7 horsepower max, all from the intake... but there isn't one technically available for our cars unless you get crafty. I doubt the wires will do anything. I have the Rallitek wires, only because they're the same price as OEM and are blue. :)

Believe it or not a grounding kit may help. On both my WRX and Leggy a grounding kit helped with an increase in seat of the pants feel. This was done after I read a report on a mag that dyno proved the increase in HP and torque which was pretty substantial (8-10 hp at certain RPM's)

Archived