LegacyGT.com

Someone hit my car...

Just thought I would rant a little. Some dumbass lady hit my car in the parking lot at 7-11 the other day. I was pulling straight into a space next to her, and as I am literally 2 ft away from putting my car into park, the lady next to me decided she would go in reverse and not back out straight, but turn her car right into mine. She literally just turned her wheel out of laziness right into my car and hit the gas. Now my whole quarter panel is completely destroyed, tail light obliterated, and my bumper all scratched and semi dented. Cant understand why she would not look.. or rather if she did look and didnt see me at first, why would you not back out straight first and then turn the wheel? Let alone, why would you not be looking backwards when you are going in reverse.. is she retarded or something? All i know is shes completely at fault, the cop gave her a ticket, and my insurance company sided with me.

Long story short, originally thought I had about 1200 worth of damage. The auto place called me today and said they have to replace the entire quarter panel and its gonna cost around 3g or so. Its also going to take 12 days to fix....

What pisses me off the most is my car is brand new. I just bought it last year its a 2008, and I only put on 12500 miles since then... I swear you can never have nice things anymore without some jackass ruinning it for you.

Ill post some pics soon.

On a side note, anyone ever feel like their steering wheel is hard to turn, and then sometimes it feels very easy to turn as if you could literally turn it with your pinky? I have driven many of my friends cars and even my moms toyota mini van, and steering seems effort less, it seems very "loose". But ever since I got my legacy it always seems to be more difficult. Anyone else ever notice this? I mean even my moms chrysler mini van when she had it was easier to turn and that was a chrysler for petes sake! The weird thing is, if I keep it out in the sun for a few hours on level ground, and I go to drive it, the steering feels like it is so easy to use, but then it goes back to being a little more difficult an hour later. If anyone has any suggestion im all ears. Its as if it could use some more grease or there isnt enough ball bearings in it or something. I dunu I dont know much about cars haha.

You do realize that the assistance on the subaru is going to be less then a chrysler mini van, not to mention, we have an variable rack or whatever so steering is faster at low speeds and slower at high speeds.

Also having a heavier wheel allows you to "feel the road" and car better, sence you know what feedback the steering is giving you vs the always assisted way of a Chrysler or a truck.

Also shit happens, you have to accept that and move on. It could have always been worse.

Also, the AWD can cause some additional steering effort in very slow maneuvers. I've always hated overly power assisted steering.

Sucks on the accident. Surprised she got a ticket in a parking lot though.

Yup, there are morons everywhere on the roads today. It seems to me there always used to be a few complete idiots out on the roads but now it seems that MOST are idiots and good drivers are the exception.

Good luck getting your baby back to new again.

What really pisses me off is when people ding your doors. Not a week had gone by till I discovered a ding in my driver's side door. I should have known better than to park next to a truck, but honestly, there was enough room for even a fat man to get into the truck.

Sadly, now that there is a police report you dont have a clean title. My car got rear ended. I was thinking about trading it in for a new 2010 GT. They told me that my car

is now in "Rough" condition due to the incident that shows up on a title search.

The kids insurance is fighting me for "Loss of Value" So you may can get some money from the ladies insurance for the same thing.

Archived