LegacyGT.com

Petition To Have Drop off/pick up service with subaru

I have this huge issue with Subaru where I can never get any service done.

I work about 11 mins away from the Subaru dealer. They refuse to drop me of or pick me up. They said we can drop of anyone within about a mile (Basically the train station) ....

Over the weekend they do only basic service.

I used to have a Nissan that picked me up and droped me of anytime anyday. And it was a 20 min drive. I still even used them to detail my car... a subaru at a nissan dealer.... that's what I am getting at... it's ridiculous. I live in Long Island. Also this is for all dealers around the area..any similar stories?

Anyone has this issue. I was thinking starting a petition.

Thanks!

sounds about right . i live on long island and my local dealer is metric subaru. my brother brought his sti in with a bad strut all under warranty. they ordered the part, and gave him a call 2 months later to come in and have the work done. by the time he got there the warranty had expired by two weeks. they refused to install the strut (even thought it was a spechal order and was sitting right next to the guy as he was telling my brother he cant help him.) thats why if i was you i would stick with the nissan dealer. lol

sounds about right . i live on long island and my local dealer is metric subaru. my brother brought his sti in with a bad strut all under warranty. they ordered the part, and gave him a call 2 months later to come in and have the work done. by the time he got there the warranty had expired by two weeks. they refused to install the strut (even thought it was a spechal order and was sitting right next to the guy as he was telling my brother he cant help him.) thats why if i was you i would stick with the nissan dealer. lol

it gets really bad with them... i once needed to drop of my car..just give them the keys... it took 45 minutes. I sat in a wait room..waiting.. and waiting... the reason I went nuts is because my buddy from work waited 45 minutes for me in the parking lot... i felt so bad... the guy needed to get back to work...

Like other non-luxury car makes, Subaru leaves it up to the discretion of the dealer as to whether you'll get a loaner or other transportation. I either always get a loaner from North Coast Subaru in Glen Cove or they do simple stuff, like an oil change, within a short period of time while I go get breakfast. I'm in with the car at 8, walk down the block for breakfast and I'm back for a pickup at 9 or shortly thereafter. Of course, I've bought two cars from them and both are still under warranty. They know your name when you walk in and I get the sense that they'll be willing to work with me if I have a serious problem. (The owner called me three times at home to ask for my business when we were still haggling over price on the second car.)

As far as the other stuff you mention, I would switch dealers. Now, that's easier said than done because Subaru has fewer dealers than other brands. Still, you have a fairly new car so another dealer might be willing to give you a loaner to build a long-term relationship. I used to drive my Audi 25 miles to a dealer because they were that good to me, even after the car was out of warranty. (I take my Boxster to a different dealer than the one I used to buy the car. The service manager always gives me a loaner and says they will continue to do so after my car is out of warranty. He says it builds goodwill.)

Good luck. I know it can be tough to find a decent dealer service operation these days.

Like other non-luxury car makes, Subaru leaves it up to the discretion of the dealer as to whether you'll get a loaner or other transportation. I either always get a loaner from North Coast Subaru in Glen Cove or they do simple stuff, like an oil change, within a short period of time while I go get breakfast. I'm in with the car at 8, walk down the block for breakfast and I'm back for a pickup at 9 or shortly thereafter. Of course, I've bought two cars from them and both are still under warranty. They know your name when you walk in and I get the sense that they'll be willing to work with me if I have a serious problem. (The owner called me three times at home to ask for my business when we were still haggling over price on the second car.)

As far as the other stuff you mention, I would switch dealers. Now, that's easier said than done because Subaru has fewer dealers than other brands. Still, you have a fairly new car so another dealer might be willing to give you a loaner to build a long-term relationship. I used to drive my Audi 25 miles to a dealer because they were that good to me, even after the car was out of warranty. (I take my Boxster to a different dealer than the one I used to buy the car. The service manager always gives me a loaner and says they will continue to do so after my car is out of warranty. He says it builds goodwill.)

Good luck. I know it can be tough to find a decent dealer service operation these days.

there are 3 dealers around my area... 2 between 5-8 miles from work. The rest of the dealers are way too far and will never shuttle me. And I rarely heard dealers give a "loaner" sounds more like GM to me...

Archived