LegacyGT.com

Custom Exhaust Question

I went to an exhaust shop today and got a good idea of what I might want. If I go with the set up it will run me around 400. I was thinking of doing 3” piping for the mid with factory resignator and 3” ypipe. And then from the ypipe just do 3” straight pipes to 4” tips so there would be no mufflers. I’m mainly looking for something that sounds very deep but also gain in performance. Do you guys think it would sound horrible or should I try it?

i hear straight pipe is loud as shit...and i dont know if you'd get away with it if you ever got pulled over for "noise pollution".

and i seriously doubt the factory piping is 3" so your piping to the resonator would either be reduced to go to the resonator and then enlarged after it - which is restriction or just welded to make up for the pipe difference

i hear straight pipe is loud as shit...and i dont know if you'd get away with it if you ever got pulled over for "noise pollution".

and i seriously doubt the factory piping is 3" so your piping to the resonator would either be reduced to go to the resonator and then enlarged after it - which is restriction or just welded to make up for the pipe difference

Yeah, not sure how to work out the resonator thing. They suggested not having it on the set up but I've heard an LGT without one and it sounded horrible.

Archived