LegacyGT.com

Permanent passanger seatbelt chime fix.

Okay. You're probably thinking "yeah yeah we've heard this, 20 clicks... BS". Well, I had my seat off, trying to figure out a way to disable the passanger's seatbelt chime. And I have.

Some of the suggestions were that inside the seatbelt buckle there is a switch that gets pressed in, and you can clip the wires and connect them, this isn't true. It's NOT a regular push switch. It's a magnetic switch, so connecting the two wires together won't work.

*WARNING* You WILL need to take the cover off of the buckle, and pull out the switch (which does involve breaking the switch housing). I couldn't find a way to properly take it out, but since it works, I just broke the switch out. ONCE YOU DO THIS, I CANT SEE HOW IT CAN BE UNDONE!

Once you get the buckle cover off, take a look at what happens when you buckle in the seatbelt. There is a metal rod that slides into a groove in the switch (the switch has the two wires coming out of it and is a little white/black plastic box). This triggers the switch and indicates the seatbelt is connected.

Now, you can cafefully break out the switch from the housing, and put a piece of ferrous metal into the groove (I clipped a piece of metal from a cheap tool) and tape it together. Hide the switch under the seat (zip ties work, I stuffed it under the left side cloth) and you're done.

Like I said before, this is a permanent fix, but I don't want to go back anyway.

Sorry, though, I didn't take pictures.

• 1 month later...

Archived