LegacyGT.com

Idle issue :-/ HELP...

doobaruGT

So yesterday I get a break in traffic on the freeway and zip around some slow folks. I drop it in 4th and take off. When I hit 80 or so, the car felt like it was suddenly restricted, almost like I lost a cylinder. It's a 2005 LGT with about 85K on it. When i reached the exit a mile later, I shifted to neutral coming down the ramp and the car shut off. I came to the end of the ramp and restarted, very nervously. It turned over no problem with everything in working order and no CEL. Now the idle is shakey (at about 500 rpm's and it struggles to stay running. Plugs, wires, pump...? Help!

Thanks everyone!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I would agree with that except I know what that's like. I haven't lost quite that much power and I still have boost which means I'm keeping compression. Thanks for the suggestion :-)

It was the IC. When I installed my downpipe, I don't think I put the seal on correctly. Which is why when I gave it more throttle, the gromet popped off. The was also a vacuum hose off beneath the IC. Thanks so much for your help!

I just bought a 2005 Outback XT and there is a heavy idle after the car has been drive for about 5-10 minutes. I took the car back to the dealership cause there was a differential leak. They replaced the axle seal (on Subaru) and did some other minor tweaks. The mechanic told me that the Subaru turbos can have a hard idle. Is this really the case? 2 of my buddies have WRXs and they don't idle like this. Any thoughts on what might be wrong or what to look for?

It idles at around 600-700 RPM when at rest in neutral after being driven for a bit and it is a bit shaky. Just heavier idling than I had with my previous Outback (although that wasn't a turbo). Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks

Archived