LegacyGT.com

Window Tinting in Dallas

TheBG

Hey Guys -

I don't really post on here much... I basically just read and try to absorb all of your collective nuggets of LGT wisdom.... but I do have a quick question....

Has anyone in the DFW area had their windows tinted recently? Any suggestions on the best shops in town and what I should look to spend? From what I can tell the standard pricing for tinting a sedan is around $160 exclusive of the cost to remove the stock tint (which im sure costs another million bucks or so... :)).

Anyways, I appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Thanks -

Ben

You can go to AltaMere in North Richland Hills. There's a guy there that does a good job (I forget his name right now) but he's on the Nasioc forums (lev98)and drives a sweet STi. He'll hook you up if you ask for him (and I'll get you his name in a bit) and they do a good job and it's not expensive at all.

Also, there's a life time warranty, so if it starts to bubble or peel, he'll fix it for free. I like his work....but you have to go to the one in NRH off Hwy26.

should have used him...my guy was shady as hell.

Guess this is a good time to ask if any of you guys have "illegal" tint on? I am coming back to Dallas and after 3 years need to finally get the car inspected...if you know of places (that like cash U.T.T....hint hint)....feel free to PM me :)

Lev98 will sort you out and I doubt you must only use cash. I have double tint on my car and it looks good. But just talk to him and I think he can do whatever you want. Worst case and you get caught, you'll have to replace the tint but it's not a big deal here in Texas.

should have used him...my guy was shady as hell.

Guess this is a good time to ask if any of you guys have "illegal" tint on? I am coming back to Dallas and after 3 years need to finally get the car inspected...if you know of places (that like cash U.T.T....hint hint)....feel free to PM me :)

my last inspection was done at the dealership..no cats, no mufflers, 18% tint and I passed.... but I hear things have changed around there.

• 2 weeks later...
my last inspection was done at the dealership..no cats, no mufflers, 18% tint and I passed.... but I hear things have changed around there.

Not to derail the thread, so just simply is it OBDII plug in and check for codes and that's it?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Just go to Alta Mere in the Dallas area, they have at least 2 locations that I know of. One is in downtown Dallas, the other is in North Dallas. They shouldn't charge you any money to remove the stock tint considering that these cars don't have any... Plus they do great work, and give you a warranty on bubbling and peeling. It cost me around $275 to go with some cheap light dark tint here in Dallas, but was well worth it.

As for emissions, you basically have to have a stock computer (which means no COBB flash pack at the time), no check engine light, window tint that isn't too dark, and working safety equipment. All they do is basically plug your OBDII into a computer and check it out for emissions, after that the safety check is done off of a check list.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived