LegacyGT.com

some more logs...knock correction

dbrunone

Yeah but it seems like the ECU is adding positive timing (+6deg in some cases), then backing it off for knock (-2.5deg in some cases). Is this a concern? Seems screwed up to me.

There are 2 timing tables a base and an advance.

The base is just as you would guess...a base. The advance table adds timing to the base assuming if there is no knock. Positive timing is normal.

Yeah but it seems like the ECU is adding positive timing (+6deg in some cases), then backing it off for knock (-2.5deg in some cases). Is this a concern? Seems screwed up to me.

Your right. It is screwed up. You need to have the timing and boost profiles smoothed out. You should not allow the car to constantly correct for bad timing like that.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Assuming your wide band/logs are accurate, your car is running dangerously lean. I would take it back and request them to look at it and correct the problem. Hopefully you used a reputable tuner and they will stand behind their work.

So where are those logs from? I was under the impression you had logged the car.

If those logs are from the tuner that seems really messed up.

Either way I would not boost at all until you get it figured out. If those logs are right you are running high 13's AFR at almost 20 PSI.

I almost have to believe the logs are wrong since if that were the case your engine probably would have exploded already. At least I hope so for your sake. Eek :\

Yeah that is weird how it takes so long to bring the AFR back down to 11.1. I gotta talk to Dave. I can't get a hold of the guy.

replied to your email last week,lets reset the ecu and send me the logs--

thanks

dave

Dave pressurized the intake, and found a leak in the IC outlet hose. Some adjusting fixed it. He drove, logged, and adjusted the car for almost 45min after that.

I also got to look around their shop for awhile. A lot of great modded Subarus around there. Also, there was one 08 STI in the bay with everything in the engine bay ripped out, and a new crate motor next to it. I wonder why that one blew up...

Dave pressurized the intake, and found a leak in the IC outlet hose. Some adjusting fixed it. He drove, logged, and adjusted the car for almost 45min after that.

I also got to look around their shop for awhile. A lot of great modded Subarus around there. Also, there was one 08 STI in the bay with everything in the engine bay ripped out, and a new crate motor next to it. I wonder why that one blew up...

Awesome, glad you got it all squared away..is that the hose from the IC to turbo or the IC to throttle body?

I have my car tuned by Dave too.

glad i could help dave,the 08 sti have a piston problem and subaru is replacing complete long blocks now..keep in touch

dave

Archived