LegacyGT.com

aftermarket audio

wpmarky

Does anyone in the bay area have a pimped out audio system for their LGT?

I'm curious what I'm missing from my stock sound system other than some bass, and would to compare some time.

wpmarky, I'm not in the Bay Area, but I have an opinion. LOL!

I have a pimped audio system and regret it. I see you are stage two. If you have a catback, you obviously enjoy listening to your car. If you don't have a catback, buy one. It's cheaper than a new sound system, and you'll never worry about someone stealing it.

Please god don't anyone link to that damn LCD display mod on the LGT with no info on how to do it.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Nice deck Aldouse! Looks really good. Did you redo your speakers at all also?

Haven't seen you at the range lately = Where ya been?

been hitting up the gym instead lately. i'll be hitting up the range tomorrow after work though. if ur there tomorrow around 7pm.. see u there maybe.

and as for the sound system. i upgraded the deck again from the dehp7700 to the deh-p7800. using alpine sps-17c2 speakers so i can retain the factory mounts w/o having to use spacers and keep the speakers hidden w/o having to cut the panels. i should've gone aftermarket amp too for the speakers.. but the hu itself does a decent job powering the speakers.. so no complaints for now.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

haha sorry... i'd actually never seen that thread before though! I guess when I read "LCD mod" i wasnt thinking it would have to do with the radio. thanks for the link though :)

you've probably already seen this one then...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113589

... less fabrication, but much more $$$

haha sorry... i'd actually never seen that thread before though! I guess when I read "LCD mod" i wasnt thinking it would have to do with the radio. thanks for the link though :)

you've probably already seen this one then...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113589

... less fabrication, but much more $$$

not really less money, no one here really knows how to do the hack job, they all sent it to Highline. I don't have a "crazy" audio set up right now, just the DD replacement for the factory. If you just want an overall improvement to your radio, this is definitely the way to go. The bass wouldn't suit a bass-head, but it is enough for most "consumers" I am planning on putting 1- 10 in the trunk, in the custom fiberglass boxes they make for the corner of the trunk, replace all 6 speakers with components(not really necessary, but I can't really amp my factory, they will BLOW...) I think that will be a superb sounding system. I also have a 1800W RMS sub amp....lol No way in h$!! I am going to run full wattage, its going to be turned waaay down. had it up to 3/4 once, why anyone needs that much bass is beyond me...lol

looks like all he did was that he broke the circuit board and extended the wires so he can move the upper section of the circuit board out of the way and keep the controls below. Then re-did the framing to fit double din. The only thing I can't tell is if there is already existing brackets inside to hold the DD unit or he somehow attached some aftermarket brackets to hold the unit in place. :confused:

I'm wondering if the new LGT consoles are drop in compatible to the 05's. May not be the cheapest route, but definitely the cleanest.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Yeh, I was thinking about swapping the factory speakers with components also, but I wasn't sure if that was enough, or if I really need the cleansweep, or if i should just put in an amp for the factory speakers. Sounds like amping stock speakers is a bad idea...

Yeh, I was thinking about swapping the factory speakers with components also, but I wasn't sure if that was enough, or if I really need the cleansweep, or if i should just put in an amp for the factory speakers. Sounds like amping stock speakers is a bad idea...

very bad, if you saw them out of the car, you wouldn't show them to anyone. I thought they were descent, till itsme showed me his. I know he replaced his factory speakers and amped them. I think he used cleansweep. find him on the user section, He was looking at maybe doing the double din option. His stereo sounded nice. Mine sounded close(not counting bass, he had a sub) and I have factory with an aftermarket deck. I am going to add a sub first, then go for fronts and see where that leads me. start with the deck, best buy for the buck. I like having my ipod connection, its worth the whole install.

Does anyone in the bay area have a pimped out audio system for their LGT?

I'm curious what I'm missing from my stock sound system other than some bass, and would to compare some time.

A member (16psibrick) installed a system in my Legacy two summers ago. I would give him my highest recommendation if you are looking for someone to install for you. He's right here in San Jose. At the time he was only doing "custom" work and show cars but he might be doing basic installs now.

My system isn't anything too crazy. Just a new deck, high end front speakers, a couple of nice amps and a good sub in custom enclosure. I think it was about $1400 in hardware before the custom installation. The trunk lid, rear deck and front and rear doors have been sound dampened. HUGE difference over stock. Send me a PM if you would like to take a listen. I live in Santa Cruz but I work in Cupertino.

Bing did a write up on the install if you want to take a look.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68371

Archived