LegacyGT.com

Burnt-out Gauge LED

So, here's a wonderful thing: the LED that is inside my gauge cluster over the 2k-4k RPM sweep area has burnt out. Now I'm stuck with a fantastic looking dark area on my tach. Does anyone know if it's possible to replace that or if I'd be stuck with getting a whole new cluster and having the dealer program it?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, you know what's weird? The stupid thing started working again for a bit the other day, so I'm thinking it's a loose connection somewhere instead. However, it's back out again this morning, so I have no idea what to do exactly.

Probably a bad solder joint on an LED. If you have a friend with a soldering iron and good abilities, it probably wouldn't be too hard to fix. I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself unless you're pretty experienced with such things. Those circuit traces are TINY.

Okay, I'm thinking this is somehow related to the dimmer "ILL1-6" switch because today it went from off to on and the display showed "ILL6". However, when I'm flipping the switch from 1-6 over and over it doesn't go on or off when it's off or on, respectively. Hmm...

Archived