LegacyGT.com

went stage II...

coffmc03

I haven't had my '05 LGT for very long, but after reading all the other member posts I decided I needed to spend the extra cash and go stage II...

Ended up getting the Invidia catless UP/DP combo and a Borla CBE. All I can say is WOW. I thought the car was a blast to drive before... jeeezzz... I'm pretty sure I'll be using every excuse I can to drive it now though. You guys weren't lying about the performance increases. It's absolutely a dream to drive around now (until the next modification bug catches a hold of me).

Overall, the whole install was fairly straight forward... don't confuse that with easy though. Started at around 10:00 this morning and finished cleaning up the garage around 6ish. The guides around the forum helped a tremendous amount with the UP/DP installs. No huge issues that haven't already been discussed. Was definitely helpful having a mechanically inclined brother with a shop full of tools.

Ran into a little bit of problems with the CBE though. I went ahead and purchased the 3" to 2.5" adapter when I ordered my CBE. When we tried to attach the adapter and everything, we found the bolts that came with all the packages ended up being to short to connect the DP to the Borla mid-pipe with that adapter in between. Luckily my brother can weld... ended up removing the donut bracket connection thing and just MIG welding the adapter onto the mid-pipe. Took a little extra time, but it fits great now. No leaks at all... just this deep, growling, beast of a sound.... with that turbo whistle.

If you're thinking about going stage II... DO ITTTT!!! Just clear out a day on the calendar and take your time.. no rushing through it. If I can find some time, I'll try to take a picture of the whole bracket/mid-pipe weld. My brother would probably be a little pissed as it wasn't his best bead, but not to bad for welding without any gas.

Guess there wasn't a whole lot of point to this post... just excited with the new additions to the car and figured I'd share the experience.

Cody

Wow...!!! AP or Opensource tuning...? My 05BL with 38,000 plus miles is still non-modded...One day when I grow old, I will go opensource ...

AP for now... still slightly intimidated by the opensource. haha, maybe when i grow old i'll join that club.

And i definitely agree with wanting more... haha, starting to think of other ways to waste my money... choices choices...

Archived