LegacyGT.com

Help needed

JonLGT

So tonight I was installing my double din Pioneer, which replaced my broken Kenwood double din. Since im not so much of a wiring guru I let a friend of mine do the wiring on the last setup I had and when diognosing what was wrong with the Kenwood when it broke I noticed kind of a hackjob that he did.

Instead of lending the car to another friend to do it I tried it myself, I think I can handle it. I am connecting wire for wire when I get to my +battery cable (the yellow cable coming from the plug to the radio/ac system) and it hits metal and zaps quickly. As soon as that happends my dome lights go out, and now my car does not do anything when turned to acceccory, my stock radio has illumination but no power, no ac, no nothing even when the car is running. I have checked just about every fuse in the car and had no luck. If there is a certain fuse for the entire interior, where should I be looking? Thanks in advance.

OMG, i know this is your first install, but please please please ALWAYS disconnect your battery whenever working with your car stereo..

i think i still feel the shocks from when i didnt disconnect it... lol

Archived