LegacyGT.com

bandimere 7/15/09???

tingtang

I didn't think so but I have never pushed the car that hard that many times in a row.

Also: because of a shipping mix up, I didn't receive my wide band sensor and bung (just got the controller) in time so I will be stage I for this Friday. I will still beat my dad's vette but not by much.

At least it will give me an idea of my gains when I do go stage II and beyond!!!

Regular ice will work just fine.... but not if left in the bag. The melting water that drips through the IC is what cools it off. Water ice spread over the IC is even better than Dry ice, as it cools more of the core faster. The only drawback is it will make a nice puddle and most track people will hate you.... even though they all drive through a water box to get to the starting line.

So dry ice doesn't piss people off and it works.

Water ice works better but people may give you evil looks and the real asshats will say something to you.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

That is fine. I like being a dick to people like that. Brings me a little joy in life! :)

I am going to bring some ice and only use it if I have to if the IC gets pretty hot.

if outside temps are higher than 80 degrees then i can almost guarantee ur intercooler is gonna be hot... i had the hardest time trying to keep my intercooler temps low.... but then again i wasnt really prepared....

Do a run without the ice. Then do one with. It took a full second off my time when I was stage 1

Really?!? But didn't you have a different experience on the dyno with a chilled IC? Like no gain in whp no matter how much you chilled it?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Just for a reference point.......what did you run stage I? What have other people run stock or stage I?

I seem to remember high 14 times for a stock GT.

I have to beat my dads 15.2 in his vette or I will cry!!

I'm sure u will beat the 15.2.... Though it's definitely harder to launch at the track than it is to launch on the street.. I can't say for sure but I think u will be in the high to mid 14's... U might even beat my ugly 14.6 even though ur stg1 and I'm stg2 :( good luck!!! I can't wait to see ur times!!

Archived