LegacyGT.com

Exhaust conundrum.. no idea whats going on.

99 LGT Limited - 50k Miles - Sedan - Auto

So, my exhaust broke. What do i mean by 'broke'? well, the middle of the mid-pipe (specifically the resonator) complete broke off.

My problem is that I don't know what I need to replace. I could definitely use some assistance. Please check out the exhaust diagram (i made) below.

Figure A: What my car originally had

Figure B: The greyed out dashed line is what broke off

Figure C: The FSM diagram

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/losdiosdeverde86/exhaust.jpg

Notice Figure A has 3 cats, and Figure C has 2 cats.

Can someone shed some light on this?

(yes i'm sure mine has 3 cats, yes i'm sure i'm looking at the correct manual)

LOL!!! I'm sorry, but I found this funny for some reason.

Great graphic!

On a more serious note, I had a 98 LGT several years back and I remember that "3rd CAT". Notice that your last O2 sensor is behind the 1st CAT.

You can do without the 3rd CAT. Replace pipe w/ a new resonator and that's all you need.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

LOL!!! I'm sorry, but I found this funny for some reason.

Great graphic!

On a more serious note, I had a 98 LGT several years back and I remember that "3rd CAT". Notice that your last O2 sensor is behind the 2nd CAT.

You can do without the 3rd CAT. Replace pipe w/ a new resonator and that's all you need.

That's great news. If i can get a couple more people in concurrence with you then it's a $500 bit of good news.

Well, considering that the front O2 sensor is in front of the 1st cat, and the rear O2 sensor is directly behind the 1st cat (basically installed in the back of the 1st cat) there are no worries about O2 bungs for the midpipe.

PM F_audi and tell him I sent you.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived