LegacyGT.com

Got some awesome suby love today

So a semi local gas station chain has been running a promotion with a local grocery store for a few months now. For every $10 you spend in groceries they give you a coupon for $.01 off each gallon of gas when you fill up. Sure it's nothing huge, but $.05 or $.10 off per gallon when you put in 10 gallons is a free $.50 or $1.00. Can't argue with that.

Well today I pull in to get gas and my girlfriend was sorting through the stack of coupons we have to find the two with the closest expiration date, and this mid 80's GL wagon, in the sweet maroon color, pulls up beside me with an older (50 or 60ish?) guy driving it. I can tell he wants to say somthing (and Ill admit I figured he was going to say somthing dumb like "I saw that open pump from the other side and was coming over here when you pulled up in my way") even though there were several other open pumps, but instead he holds his hand out the window and hands me a coupon for $.02 off. "Nice looking car," he says with a big smile, "Us subaru guys need to stick together." I'm sure I was grinning like an idiot and slightly in shock, but I responded with "thanks a lot!" and off he drove. My girlfriend goes "that was the best thing ever," lol...and I have to agree. :wub:

=)

Were i live , in a city of about 1/4 million, in the last 2 and a half years ive had my Subaru, I've only seen 2 other newer Gt's. Whenever either one of them drive by, which isin't often, i get a wave. One guy does an all out salute and the other guy just has a big goofy smile on his face and he waves.

It is pretty cool =)

Archived