LegacyGT.com

RE-POST: Colorado Cruise September 18-20th. 19th OUR OWN Parking lot!

eekay

I do not know who on here likes the dirt and I know a lot of you like to stay clean and that is cool. Our next cruise is not in the dirt it is to the Colorado COG Rally where Subaru reigns supreme. It is in Steamboat Springs, CO and will be in september. Here is the link where I am updating new info daily. We need cars to join us no matter what Subie you drive. I will be bringing the blue rally legacy and its not a looker. I want to have different sections not just wrx's and STI's. Please join us. SATURDAY NIGHT IF I GET 20 PLUS CARS WE GET TO SHOW OFF IN OUR OWN PARKING LOT.

Original meet post: http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10508

This was posted on sl-i.net's forums and it caught my attention. Anyone interested in this? I'll certainly go as this can simply take the the September spot of our monthly "Drive It, Drive It" I would think. Plus, it's a good excuse to get out of town for a couple days. As far as I know, it's going to be mostly WRX's but, if we can get enough Leggy's, as RckyMtnLegacy mentioned, we can have our own parking lot (which would be pretty cool.) Anyhow, I'll be there. So, if anyone else would like to attend, either post here or on sl-i.net to let us know.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Still no "for sure'ers", eh? C'mon you lazy bums. Let's get our own lot up there. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I go to the rally up in Steamboat every year and am already planning on going to this. My first year, I took my 2006 Saab 92x, last year, I took my 2008 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 (4hi drifts on gravel roads in a full size truck FTW) and this year, I plan on taking my new 09 Leggy.

Guess I should post my specific plans. Friday the 18th, I am driving up to Dillon to my buddy's place and spending the night there. Saturday the 19th, we are leaving Dillon to drive to Steamboat, so if anyone wants to meet up in the Dillon / Frisco / Silverthorne area and cruise with us, that would be fine. Watching the races Sat / Sun and staying in a hotel, then driving back to Denver on Sunday. So far it'll be my Legacy, my buddy's BMW 3 series and my other buddy in his Evo.

Yup. I'll meet up with you guys somewhere for the drive into Steamboat. Hopefully tingtang and grocery getter can make it as well. I'll bug them until they agree. :)

Cool. It's a ways off, but I say let's meet in Silverthorne, since that's where you would have to get off I70 anyway to head up to Steamboat. We could meet in one of the parking lots, like the outlets, or even Target, whatever, and cruise out there together. Are you spending the weekend out there? Hotel rooms are pretty cheap if you book now.

@Jeepis

Yeah. I'll be spending Saturday night there. Not sure who all is going yet so I need to figure out how many rooms/beds to book. So, what time on Saturday are you planning on heading to Steamboat? What time should we meet? Any of the parking lots are fine as long as I can find them. :)

@tingtang

Ah! Does that mean you'll be driving up with us on Saturday and attending? \o/

I think I am going to split a hotel room with one of my buddies. Not sure where yet, I'll probably just do an internet search for the cheapest room in Steamboat.

As for Saturday morning, probably aiming to be in Steamboat by mid-late morning, so leaving the Dillon area about 8am? Let's fine tune it as it gets closer, since we're still almost 2 months away. Plans tend to change, people back out, other people are in, etc.

Right now, my BMW friend is hesitating about taking his car since we will be on gravel roads. He may just ride with me, we'll see though.

Just wanted to let everyone know this since it could be a factor. The races aren't actually in Steamboat, they're west of there in the Hayden / Craig area and to get to the locations, there is a little bit of driving on gravel roads. It can get very dusty and pretty bumpy. If you are lowered or on big wheels (18in or larger) it could be a little tricky. Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of lowered WRX's and such out there, but I do think it's worth you guys knowing that.

In fact, I am considering just taking my beater car for the weekend, since it's bone-stock and has 14 inch wheels on it.

Yeah, no prob. Ok, so my plans have changed again, just like how I knew they would...

My BMW buddy doesn't want to drive gravel roads, and neither does my Evo buddy because he's entering his Evo into a show at Bandimere on Sunday.

So, what we're probably going to do is take either my beater car or my Evo buddy's beater car to Steamboat, and we're only going to go for the day, since we want to be at Bandimere on Sunday.

We're still leaving the Dillon area Saturday morning for Steamboat, but after watching the races in Steamboat, we're all going to head back into Denver Saturday night.

If you would like, you can still meet up with us Saturday morning and we can all cruise up to Steamboat together.

Again, the gravel roads aren't too bad, when I took my 92x, it was actually on 19's with 35 series tires. It wasn't comfortable on the roads, but still do-able, so I wouldn't let that stop you.

Hrm. Thanks for the info. I'm curious now if my car will make it. :)

Are you lowered and / or on bigger wheels? If not, I wouldn't worry too much, and even if you are, as long as you go slow, it's not that bad at all. My BMW friend is just anal about his car, and my Evo friend has a show the next day, otherwise, he would've taken his car, which is lowered and on 18's.

Yeah. I'm lowered and on larger wheels (Only 17" though.) I'm fairly anal about my car as well. But, I would like to drive up there. Are they just large bumps that I won't be able to clear or is it just wash boards and stuff?

Just wash boards that'll rattle your teeth if you go too fast. No bumps that you are gonna scrape on or anything. If we get some rain, your car will get a little muddy. Clearance isn't really the issue, just that the road is gravel so it can get dusty.

I've seen WRX's get up to pretty decent speeds on the roads though, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Alright. That won't be a problem then. Washboards I can deal with. I'm only worried about clearance as I have my car setup for track so it only has about 2.5-3 inches of clearance. I'll most likely drive up there. Plus, there's nothing wrong with a little mud on the Leggy. :)

Lol, I like your thinking! Cool, well yeah, let's meet up Saturday morning and cruise out there together then.

Are you still staying the whole weekend? We're not going to any longer, but when I checked, there were still good hotel deals.

I'm not sure yet. It depends on who else decides to go and what their plans are I guess. If we're going to be drinking and watching the races, I'll stay there. But, if everyone is leaving Saturday night, I'll do the same.

Cool. Either way, you'll have a good time. If you stay, there is a block party in downtown Steamboat. All the racers and their cars are out and you can walk right up and get photos, autographs, and check out the cars up close.

Nice. That sounds like a good time. I very well may stay up there just 'cause I'm sure I'll want to drink and stay out late.

Archived