LegacyGT.com

Body Parts?

mwiener2

Anyone know of an online store where I can get prices for body parts. I need to give the insurance company a reality check. They gave me a check for $700 to fix the steering, the front bumper, and the door. I think the front bumper alone is gonna be over $500.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

the dealer gave an estimate of 1500 and left it open because there was so much snow packed everywhere, they can't see if there's anymore damage. But the insurance company goes by their own auditors and that guy went and looked at my car.....he didn't even see the dented door, so didn't include it into the estimate.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Guest *Jedimaster*
the dealer gave an estimate of 1500 and left it open because there was so much snow packed everywhere, they can't see if there's anymore damage. But the insurance company goes by their own auditors and that guy went and looked at my car.....he didn't even see the dented door, so didn't include it into the estimate.

Get that @$#%!& back out there! From what you described, I was thinking a couple grand at least!

Watch the language Jedi

Your ins/Co is taking you for a ride. I had a small fender bender this winter with my new subie. Only damage was tennis ball size dent to front right fender and cracked headlight assembly. Cost to repair minus the rental car was $1,800.00. I would have a long chat with my adjuster if I were you.

From my dealings with USAA and auto body places, the adjuster should at least talk to one of the body shops on their "recommended" list to get a rough estimate on the total.

Once that step is complete, pretty much any body shop worth their salt will match the good faith estimate and the insurance company doesn't really care who does the work, as long as it is at the agreed-to price.

Sounds to me like the adjuster is trying to take you to the cleaners. :mad:

Archived