LegacyGT.com

Picked up new 09 today

I leased a new 09 5 speed special edition in white today. Got Sirius satellite installed and so far I like it. I am impressed with Harmon/Kardon...no comparison to std 08 sound system. Drivetrain seems more refined than my 08. 08 had a vibration when shifting around 4k and an exhaust vibration sound at low rpm under a load..no sound in new one. Probably just luck. I thought I could hear a faint dash rattle on drive home...no real surprise! Rear trunk lid has a few small dings that look like they could be hail or just poor quality control from Subaru...I might make them do some paintless dent removal on them. I preferred 08 and previous black grab handles on doors instead of 09 silver ones but black carpets will be much easier to keep clean over tan ones. My wife and my 8th Subaru since 2001 I would say we are brand loyal.

I lease them and the 08 was leased in 07 when they were running 24 month lease deals.

Subies to date:

1. Silver WRX in 01-Dealer buy back because it was damaged while in for service

2. Replaced with 02 white WRX in 02

3. Wife leased an 02 Legacy GT Limited 5-speed

4. Wife leased an 05 Legacy GT Limited 5-speed wagon(I miss that car!)

5. We had a baby and wife wasn't cool with stick shift anymore so we leased an 06 Tribeca and now have purchased.

6. I dumped the WRX for an 05 GT Limited 5 speed sedan.

7. Lease was up and leased the 08(didn't need the power anymore with Mach 1 purchase)

8. Lease was almost up and didn't want that mess of a car that will be offered soon so I grabbed an 09 in my first transmission and color choice.

After further review trunk lid is pretty scratched too. My guess is that the dudes doing snow removal this spring weren't too careful. Car was built in 12/08 so I am sure they had it for awhile. Hood is in good shape however so that is good. I can fix the scratches with my porter cable but not the small dings.

Sorry to hear about the dings. Where are you located in WI and what dealer are you going to?

Madison...purchased all at Don Miller. They take pretty good care of me there. Invoice or better and they throw in window tinting for me. I got VIP pricing on 09 in addition. Most people wouldn't even notice but I am pretty anal when it comes to my cars. I have spent over 100 hours perfecting the paint on my mach 1...it is almost too nice to drive now.

Archived