LegacyGT.com

West Coast parts places?

I'm getting sick of paying for expedited shipping for parts I need from East Coast vendors. Who are the players on the West Coast besides Rallitek and Crucial? It seems like living in CA there should be some vendors and manufacturers nearby but it seems like eveyrone that makes and sells parts for Subarus are on the Eastern seaboard.

Depends on what you're looking for, Capitol Subaru seems to be on par pricewise with east coast vendors for OE parts. As far as aftermarket, there's pretty much only install shops. GST Motorsports in Hayward is cool, they seem to have quite a few parts that roll in there (although most stuff would have to be ordered I imagine.)

Damn, GST looks great. I just went on their website and they have a very complete online store.....and theyre close by to me!

Seems like they'll be doing some work for me this summer

They service evo and wrx mostly, so I imagine the stock is geared that way. I just had them install springs last week and they're great guys. Got me in last minute and were entertaining while I waited. I found it easier to get ahold of them by sending a PM via I-Club.com...

Depends on what you're looking for, Capitol Subaru seems to be on par pricewise with east coast vendors for OE parts. As far as aftermarket, there's pretty much only install shops. GST Motorsports in Hayward is cool, they seem to have quite a few parts that roll in there (although most stuff would have to be ordered I imagine.)

So is Capitol on par with Fred Beans prices?

Yeah it seems like it, the only thing I've had quoted from them was the SPT exhaust. Local dealer wanted almost $1100, Capitol and Fred wanted around 850-900 IIRC...Here's Capitol's Parts Website http://subarupartsdepartment.com/ . Its kind of strange how they have it setup, like its some random nationwide parts warehouse, but when you call it goes straight to the parts counter at the dealer. I told a buddy of mine who works at SC Subaru about the exhaust price, he was floored and said that Capitol was selling it for below cost.

Archived