LegacyGT.com

Rallitek Spring Install - Spec B

LISpecB07

Attempted to install today, started with the front.

Believe I have the top plate mounted correctly but the assembly seems a bit to long when installing.

Do the Rallitek springs need to be compressed in order to fully tighten the top hat nut?

Just did them today. On the fronts my friend just pushed down on the spring top while I started the nut. Then I used a impact gun on the top nuts and BARELY squeezed the trigger, NICE AND SLOW! It should go all the way down until it stops. The nut should down enough to be probably showing a good 1/4 inch of threads. While you are spinning the nut the shock tube will spin, so air tools are your friend here.

Got anymore questions just go ahead and ask. It only took me 2hrs 10mins to do all four, was very easy.

Oh, realign the front and rears on that top hat by looking for the marks from where the springs had been sitting before.

If you haven't done the rears I could give you a couple pointers. Let me know.

I got the fronts on also just pushing down on them with my hands as well and using regular hand held tools.

Rears you'll need the compressor to put the new springs on (what a pain!)

I did my fronts about a week ago, not to bad. the rears however had seized bolts and with liquid wrench, a heat torch, 3 foot breaker bar and pneumatic tools we couldn't get it off, yet somehow the mechanic got it off no problem i don't understand.

A breaker bar just helps give you leverage. What you need is an impact gun. It works basically by hammering and turning at the same time, so things that are stuck or torqued on usually come off easier.

Just did them today. On the fronts my friend just pushed down on the spring top while I started the nut. Then I used a impact gun on the top nuts and BARELY squeezed the trigger, NICE AND SLOW! It should go all the way down until it stops. The nut should down enough to be probably showing a good 1/4 inch of threads. While you are spinning the nut the shock tube will spin, so air tools are your friend here.

Got anymore questions just go ahead and ask. It only took me 2hrs 10mins to do all four, was very easy.

Oh, realign the front and rears on that top hat by looking for the marks from where the springs had been sitting before.

If you haven't done the rears I could give you a couple pointers. Let me know.

Should of posted all my questions before the install...

Things that slowed me down:

1. No pass through socket wrench to remove the nut holding the top plate. Had to go and buy a set.

2. No air tools - compressing springs with a socket wrench takes time. Especially since you need to compress the Rallitek rears to get them on.

Luckly my rear bolts came off easy :).

For a first time spring job it was pretty easy.

Thanks for the help

Archived