LegacyGT.com

Time for 4 new tires

HOKIE_05_LGT

I was having pretty bad vibrations in the steering wheel for the last few hundred miles so I took it into the dealer to have him check the rear wheel bearings. I figured I would have them check the bearings and they would let me know if it was them or not. Turns out the front drivers side tire inner belt is in pretty bad condition. I thought it was the tires to begin with since it didn't feel like a mechanical problem. I put a set of Yoko AS430's on December of 07 so I sorta knew the tread depth was going to be too much. I've been on tirerack.com trying to find the best tires for my driving style and road conditions. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want to buy another set of crap tires. I do mostly commuting with my car along with road trips. No road racing, crazy driving just normal driving with the occasional spur of "fun" driving every now and again. I would appreciate any recommendations for tires that you guys have. I just get lost looking at tire after tire after tire.

Thanks

Archived