LegacyGT.com

More Legacy Trouble

Another problem.......so i driving down the road and just so the steering get real stiff. So i look down at my dash to see if anything out of whack. The car driving when i mash gas it accelerating and ting good but the battery light on and the handbrakes light on. If you see pressure to drive home.

Finally reach home and by now my arms stiff,(try driving a 4wd with no power steering) so i turn off the car and then turn it back on and it starting good and everything. Check power steering fluid and it good but the battery light and the handbrakes light on........

Anybody have any idea whats causing that or has experienced a prolem like it?

Check the tension on the belts. I think the pwr steering and the alternator is on the same belt. As far as the parking brake light? No clue, other than the handle being pulled up slightly just enough to turn on the light or the switch that senses the parking braking being on is stuck. That's all I have.

Broken alternator belt is my first thought.

Some people has had problem with the crankshaft pulley, but they have had problems with the belt alignment rather than loss of transmitted power.

The loss of alternator function can turn on other lights too, so that's no surprise.

453747.png

Archived