LegacyGT.com

Chrome flaking off of center grill

Has anyone had any issues with the chrome flaking of the center grill? Yesterday I was washing my car and it started to peel off. Do you think Subaru will cover this under the warranty? It kind of looks cool though, but the left side and right side no longer match.

Here is a full sized image of the front, you can see what I am talking about. You can see that the right side is darker in color than the left.

http://68.106.13.140:8081/albums/Ohmers-Album/Picture_040.jpg

Heh .. I think the grill might have been hit with a rock or something and it was chipped. I was washing my car yesterday, and I noticed it flaking off ... so I started to peel it off ... hmmmm I wonder if I should just finish it off .. I will give Suby a call.

The chrome plating should not peel off, even if it has been chipped somewhere. This is a quality defect that definitely should be replaced under warranty. It will be interesting to see if more people end up having this problem: a plating process problem would probably affect a large batch of parts. When was your car built?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Any close ups of just the grille? I'm having a hard time seeing the problem. It looks like just different reflection on the right side. I'm sure something is peeling off like you said, but I'm curious to see a closer view of it. Is it like clear coat peeling off? Maybe there is a protective coating or something they put on the grille that somebody forgot to take off when they delivered the car? Let us know what subaru says.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived