LegacyGT.com

Green Test Connector Ripped

j255c

So one of my dick friends somehow managed to rip the green test connector off the wire on the passenger side. Any ideas on how to repair this? Can u purchase new ones? Its a 6 pin/wire connection so i dont think i can just solder it back together .FML.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Damn that sucks brudda, I was going to suggest saudering but since I've never known nor read about someone ripping the connector I would take my advice with a grain of salt. I've read of people installing a switch for the green test connectors, never read the specifics of their install though, perhaps this could be the time to look into that? Either way good luck.

Edit..TommyP beat me to it.

Not sure how to fix but some of the guys over on RR replace the connector with an on/off switch. You could install a switch..makes it much easier to flash. All you need to do is flip the switch instead of connecting the connector.

Good luck..I thought you were done breaking stuff on your car after the tranny went?! :)

Edit..TommyP beat me to it.

Not sure how to fix but some of the guys over on RR replace the connector with an on/off switch. You could install a switch..makes it much easier to flash. All you need to do is flip the switch instead of connecting the connector.

Good luck..I thought you were done breaking stuff on your car after the tranny went?! :)

Lol, i have broken everything in this car, weirdest shit happens to me all the time. Car is running amazingly though, tranny is holding up very well with the pump map which is making around 350whp. :)

When one of my green connectors fell off in my hand, I did this:

http://www.beeez.com/lgt/greenconnect.jpg

I didn't want a switch or anything to encourage me to flash any more than I do.. and wouldn't want to accidentally trip it either. This was a quick easy fix.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

When one of my green connectors fell off in my hand, I did this:

http://www.beeez.com/lgt/greenconnect.jpg

I didn't want a switch or anything to encourage me to flash any more than I do.. and wouldn't want to accidentally trip it either. This was a quick easy fix.

sending you a pm

You'll notice that it looks like I used an ungodly amount of electrical tape... not really. What I did was take some of the more rigid blue connector wire and double it over twice to create a rigid "neck" on the remaining green connector to restrict wear and prevent bending right around the area where the other green connector wire had broken off.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I ended up just cutting off the remaining green connector, carefully cutting the wire coating and exposing the wire, then bought a switch from radioshack and soldered everything back together. Much easier. Mods can close the thread.

Why would you close this thread? Should we close all threads for which OP finds a solution?

Doesnt happen very often, closed threads still pop up on a search. No more discussion needed since i resolved the issue. Sheesh.

Archived