LegacyGT.com

Alignment with aftermarket springs.

Jordan

So I paid one of the techs at my work to install camber bolts from iag, and give me a good alignment. Well he did the alignment before without them and said I would need them. Now it seemed fine and the car drove great but I took his word for it. After the first alignment without the bolts the front left camber was -2'10 and the front right was -1'15. Well now after he installed the bolts the front left is at -0'22, and the front right is +0'13 and the car is pulling pretty hard to the right. I wanted kinda of an agressive alighment and definitley not positive. So either he did a bad job or the camber bolts "Slipped" as the guy at Iag told me. What exactley is meant by the camber bolts slipping. Is it that they slip out of alighment cause if that is true I am taking them out right now. Also what is the most aggresive camber I can run while keeping tire life in the 20-25k mile range thanks. Oh and p.s I have swift sport springs and its a spec b.

It sounds like the guy just straight up didnt align it properly. The bolts should be put in as you're aligning it and is one of the last fine-tuning things you do when its on the rack.

I've never really seen camber bolts get backed out of position before, so i really dont know what to say, I'd take it to another shop...an alignment shouldnt be more than $80.

Archived