LegacyGT.com

The exhaust tips blacken quickly, don't they?

OCDetails

Just a question on your exhaust tips. I've noticed that they get black pretty damn quick. I can understand the inside getting black, but its the black on the lip of the tip that I'm just curious about. I clean them when I wash the car, but they get black again so fast. Is that because the car is still sort of breaking in? I've got nearly 1000 miles on it now, but its still blackening the tips quickly. Is that typical on turbo cars that the exhaust tips do that? I don't detail very many stock turbo cars with stock exhausts, so I never know if the blackness on their tips is due to the other mods or if that is just the way it is.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmmm... Does it get less problematic as the miles pile up? Has anyone discovered any good products to use or other methods to make cleanup easier? I've just been using soap and water and that works fine. Curious if anyone has found another option.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmmm... Does it get less problematic as the miles pile up? Has anyone discovered any good products to use or other methods to make cleanup easier? I've just been using soap and water and that works fine. Curious if anyone has found another option.

I use this on my tips. http://www.eagleone.com/_products/0,1035605.asp

Works great and shining them up and makin them look purdy. Not 100% that it repels any of the soot though.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Yup. I've got some of that. I haven't busted it out yet because regular washing has been doing the trick. I'll have to do a test on one side and see if it actually does repel any of the soot. That would be nice if i could find something that works well in that kind of heat.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived