LegacyGT.com

Does anyone want/need the front undertray?

Kaos22B

I don't keep mine on my car, and no plans to ever put it back.

I don't want anything for it, but a six pack is never turned down :lol:

i'll trade you mine! :lol:

oh and i'll throw in a engine cover too!!

~Sucka-Duck~

My '09 2.5i SE didn't even come with an undertray. I thought it was left off or forgotten so I went to the dealer and asked. They told me only the Outbacks and Foresters have them now.

I hear they're a pain in the ass to deal with in terms of oil changes but don't you think you need some kinda protection under there from road gravel, water, etc.? It seems pretty bare under there without one? Are they known to break off or fall off over time?

I was thinking of getting on but wasn't sure what years would fit an '09 non-turbo legacy.

Robert

it's actually there for aerodynamics. Only the Turbo models have a full tray. It helps create negative pressure inside the engine bay thus sucking in air through the hood scoop and radiator.

You are hurting TMIC efficiency and fuel efficiency by leaving it off.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

it's actually there for aerodynamics. Only the Turbo models have a full tray. It helps create negative pressure inside the engine bay thus sucking in air through the hood scoop and radiator.

You are hurting TMIC efficiency and fuel efficiency by leaving it off.

I mean no disrespect by saying this, but I could not care less.:lol:

It's annoying for maintenance/mods, and the difference in temps is negligible. Especially regarding fuel efficiency/aerodynamics, it will make no difference there, let's not get into it but unless you fully flat bottom the whole car, don't bother. Some day I'll make a fully alum tray that tucks into the bumpers and extends to an undertray back to the rear. But until that day, I'm running around without this 'underwear' on :p

It's annoying for maintenance/mods, and the difference in temps is negligible. Especially regarding fuel efficiency/aerodynamics, it will make no difference there, let's not get into it but unless you fully flat bottom the whole car, don't bother.

Have you tested it on, then off? I doubt you have. Some of the more picky members here have tried and did get measurable results.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

i'll take it, if you're pretty local. I tore mine up on Main divide rd. I live in Orange area, work in Irvine. LMK

I haven't heard back from Naylor yet, I'll give him another day or so then it's yours.

Archived