LegacyGT.com

My First Subaru...My First Tragedy!!!!

dude why are you talking to a sales manager? They have nothing to do with your warranty... get the car to a subaru dealer...drop it of there, and work with that subaru dealer...explain the situation... why is ur car not in a subbie service dept? I know its gonna cost to tow the car... its better than seating in that non-subaru dealer.. they not gonna fix it...you are stuck in an endless loop. I had a lot of experience with stuff like that. I dont like to go through 3rd party, middle man.. i try to reach the person directly... and deal with them...

why are you people not giving this guy advises...?

the car is at a subie dealer right now for the work...bought it at the chevy dealer...that is the sales manager that i am arguing with. subaru is kicking in $1000 to help out, but they aren't going up from there. they have actually be awesome people to work with especially since they could have told us to piss off since we didn't buy it from a subie dealer. they actually told us that they will still kick in 1000 bucks at a non subaru dealer for the repair, so we are going to take it back to the import shop where it was originally when it broke down. i am just trying to get the dealer we bought it from to own up to something...they are being d bags because we didn't buy their extended warranty....even if i have to put the extra 1200 into the repair of the car at the import shop, its still less than 1/3 of what the crappy chevy dealer warranty would have cost. i was really hesitant to sign it because they didn't disclose what it would cover...they just had it listed as "bumper to bumper" but had no documentation....even now when i asked them what would have happened if it we would have bought the warranty, i cant get a straight answer from them...all i can get from the sales manager is that "they probably would have taken it to a subaru dealer and had them fix it"....i'm sorry if probably is not good enough for me to sign away $3500 bucks for a warranty that has no documentation and is only good for 3 years...

on the plus side, through an undisclosed friend we were able to track some more info down about where the car might have been serviced. i am calling them tomorrow! god i just want this to work out and get the car going again

Had I lived in the Chicago area, I would have helped you replace the turbo for free :( I bet you we could have had it done for under $500 or so, up-pipe and turbo.

There is one additional concern, not trying to freak you out but hope the engine did not ingest any debris, that would be very expensive.

they cut up the oil filter at the subie dealer and went through the intake and it looks like initially that its all good...the car has 2 diagnostics done, one at an import shop and one at a dealer and hopefully their assumptions are right that the engine is fine...not going to freak me out at all, i'm pretty car saavy and i think the best route in the end is going to be getting this fixed for now and me studying up on how to do this so i can repair it if anything would happen again...i've had my jeep cherokee for 5+ years and i've never taken it to a shop, other than to put a muffler on...didnt have any pipe tools to do it! the intercooler on the subie scared me at first, but the more i've looked at the engine, the simpler it looks to me.

we did sign a no warranty because!
:eek:

Are you for real man? Is this your first car you have ever bought? Why in the hell would you do that. I would not even have bought it if they would not have given a 1000 miles 30 day man. This does not matter how much you like the car. Man you need to go back and get this fixed by them for sure. I bought my car and had to have the dealer fix the control arm and they were asking me if I backed in to something. I told them they could fix it or give me my money back on the car. Got everything fixed for free.

After you get the car to a Subaru dealer, send a nice letter (certified, with return receipt requested) to the CEO explaining your situation. SOA is in Cherry Hill, NJ. Here's a link to a corporate section with names of senior execs and the headquarters address.

Tell him that you're extremely disappointed, that this is your first introduction to Subaru, that you had hoped this would be the start of a long relationship with the brand, etc., etc. Tell him you have friends and acquaintances who are thinking of moving to Subaru and they want to see how the manufacturer handles this kind of problem. Be nice and gush about how much you love the product and how appreciative you'd be if they could do something for you. Ask him if there's a corporate system that would help you access the car's service history. Mention your tight financial circumstances. You'll undoubtedly get a call from a senior customer service person at headquarters and you can negotiate from there. Most CEOs of large companies have assistants handling special customer service issues, so you should be talking to someone with the authority to help you.

Arguing with the Chevy dealer is a waste of time. Those people are generally thieves and they don't want to know you now that they have your money.

I am not sure about the state of Il, but in NY used car dealers must give you a 30 day warranty. You should be covered

i read up on it today...the 30 days has limits depending on the age of the car in illinois...since the car is over four years old (it was purchased in march of 05) it is not protected.

Archived