LegacyGT.com

Did the H6 brake upgrade... Brake lines NOT in the notch !

illnastyimpreza

I pulled the whole brake assembly off a 2001 Outback. It swapped onto my 98 Legacy L great...except on the outback the brake lines come from the BACK of the car!.... not the same as my car. My brake lines come from the top front. And the "Notch" for the brake lines is on the BACK of the car !

YES its installed on the correct side of the car, the bleeder nipples are facing UP.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/illnastyimpreza/brake.jpg

I tightened down the bolt pretty tight. Should this be OK ?? whata u guys think ? I bled the system out perfect and everything. The brakes are fully functional.... The ONLY thing is the brake line is NOT going through that notch.

My rear Brembo calipers are like that, have had no issues for two years. Is that picture of your front caliper? Take into account that caliper is tied to the steering knuckle and moves every time you turn, causing more flex and movement on the brake lines. Not sure I'd be happy with that as the final result on my own personal car. You might have to get creative with some stainless steel aftermarket brake lines that have the proper angled banjo fitting that the caliper requires.

Archived