LegacyGT.com

2.5i Transmission issues

Hello all! I have been experiencing an issue with my transmission for some time now - when it shifts, it seems to stutter between shifts, or even sometimes just shift wrong or late. I know that there are some complaints about the auto transmissions on these cars, but I have asked the dealer and they say "oh, it seems ok to us". Last time I went to get my oil change, I asked them to road test it again, and they said the same thing, but mentioned there was a ECU reflash for an issue that "sounded similar" to that. What I want to know, is what can I arm myself with to go back to the dealer and say "this is what is happening. I need to get it re-flashed or corrected". They said I can't just go and get it done because I have heard it will fix my issue. It seems to happen between 1-2 and sometimes 2-3, and usually in stop and go traffic. I live and work in the city, so that is the majority of my driving. The lurching and stuttering is really starting to annoy me.

The funny part is the first time I called about it they asked "did you maybe put it in Sportshift mode by accident?:spin::confused:

any help would be appreciated - I know people have had this issue in the past I just want to get mine fixed!!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Compare with another car with the same type of gearbox. If there is a difference go harass the dealer until they acknowledge that there may be a problem.

Otherwise you should have selected a manual gearbox instead.

453747.png

Got to love the 4EATsh!t transmissions.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I've had similar issues as you but only in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. Not enough space when moving up to nicely shift to 2nd. I've actually found that putting it in sport mode makes it feel smoother since it pretty much just stays in 1st since sport mode holds the gears longer. You can try that out to see if it makes it better for ya. Personally I've just learned to live with it and accept that it's one of those things that makes a subaru a subaru. :icon_mrgr

alright...i am glad to hear this - I wanted to get the 5 speed auto but in the end that didnt happen...I think the annoyance with me is that almost all of my daily driving is bumper to bumper in the city to and from work on a crowded freeway doing about 10-25mph! Now that I know other people have the same thing...I too will accept it as one of those things that makes a subaru a subaru lol

Archived