LegacyGT.com

Another LED Mini-Project

jxjjang

that's correct.

this is the item description from my email order confirmation

"SWACK TYPE 2 DUAL COLOR CHANGING HID WHITE/AMBER 60 LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS 3157 3157NA 3357 3457 4157 -"

i'm using 5000K 55W HID lowbeams

they are just as bright as my stock turn signals, I would not have gotten them if they had been dimmer than stock. (and trust me, I'm the one who made my LED tail lights <<avatar, if I hadn't been ok with their quality I would have built my own)

i know they're a little "colder" in color than my halos and HIDs but i really like the crisp white look that they give.

the LEDs are brighter than my stock bulbs (not by much, but tastefully done) due to the 360º light emitting diodes in a "tower" configuration. trust me, they're bright and classy.

• 3 months later...
took the time to snazz up the LGT before WBM this weekend haha i had to re-hardwire my warranty-replaced inverters for my halos and i changed out my turn/parking LED to the new dual-color LED bulbs.

these are the new dual-colored LEDs that use the white LED for the parking light, and amber/off for the turn function.

here's a video but i ran out of memory before i stopped the turn function haha.

Bro, I had been looking for this.... where you got it from? And how do you wired it? Need modification to be like yours? I am driving a '08 Legacy 2.5GT (with VF52), possible?

post #31 is the bulb type you'd buy from vleds.com. i did another thread on the forum about how to wire it if you want to use a load resistor, but i hear the flasher module is easier to install.

it would be similar, if not the same for your car. type of turbo doesn't matter :)

Bro, thanks for the information.

'08 Legacy 2.5GT have a different type of headlamp. The parking and signal lights are separated (See photo). Anyone have modify their car to fix in this 'DUAL COLOR CHANGING WHITE/AMBER LED'?? Need your advise. Thanks.

Headlamp.JPG.0c1fb7ac527efbafc433cf38dfadc0c9.JPG

ah-hah. i see.. i wasn't aware of the two different bulbs. in that case, you should just get two different LEDs. one white one for your parking and one amber one for your signal :lol: you would still need the flasher module tho.

we have a separate parking light?? o_O? when i baked my headlights, the only bulbs i took out were high beams, low beams, and signal. when u hit the parking light, ur signal bulbs should be turned on. unless im mistaken that 07's have a different headlight design o_O did you bake ur headlights dhl?

we have a separate parking light?? o_O? when i baked my headlights, the only bulbs i took out were high beams, low beams, and signal. when u hit the parking light, ur signal bulbs should be turned on. unless im mistaken that 07's have a different headlight design o_O did you bake ur headlights dhl?

Yes, Mine is a JDM model. '08 Legacy 2.5GT. I have a separated parking light.

Can I modified to fix in the dual LED? :rolleyes:

1496418776_StiV-lip.jpg.a050016b4856d8274b9f0f54d6a18fdd.jpg

• 5 months later...

Old thread, but cool idea- I found these bulbs at diodedynamics.com for $40 a pair. I really like the idea of clearing the lights and then using these as DRL and turn signals.

Everyone still happy with this mod?

http://www.diodedynamics.com/catalog/images/products/led-bulbs/1157-Dual-Color-60-1210-SMDm.jpg

Edit: The above bulbs have the wrong base. Anyone find the correct ones for a similar price?

This looks like the right one from ijdmtoy JDM 60 SMD Xenon White/Amber Yellow Dual Color Switchback 3157

$40 a pair, plus either load resistors or the new flasher module.

I've decided not to clear my lights. My reading of the WA state ordinances indicates that I have to have a front orange reflector. My local town's police are all over enforcement, so I don't want to give them an excuse.

But I kind of like the look of these behind the reflector anyway, so I may try it.

http://www.ijdmtoy.com/ebay/SMD_LED/Dual_Color/Switch-back-led-01.jpg

Archived