LegacyGT.com

Another Skid Plate Option

TRS

FYI- I've finally installed the under tray and updated the review on this thread. I've added an installation photo also. The fitment is perfect and installation was complete in 20 minutes. I'm very happy with the GTSpec product- first rate IMO. If anyone is interested in this item, I'd recommend contacting Jeremy at FredBeansParts.com-

My next oil change is coming up in about 600 miles, so I should have some feedback on this then.

jd

For the next guy that installs one. Can you take a side pic with a wheel off?

Curious how the hole in the fenderwell is addressed after the side wing of the oem piece is no longer there. I'd like to see how high the sides go and how it looks.

It's a nice looking piece.

Thanks,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

For the next guy that installs one. Can you take a side pic with a wheel off?

Curious how the hole in the fenderwell is addressed after the side wing of the oem piece is no longer there. I'd like to see how high the sides go and how it looks.

It's a nice looking piece.

Thanks,

how about this ?

http://www.gtspec.com/images/lgtdiffuser.jpg

As easy as removing 8 screws. :)

I'll update my review in this thread-- I'll be doing an oil change this weekend. I have a Fumoto valve on the oil pan. I don't think the panel covering the oil filter will be a problem at all. I'll provide some feedback soon.

• 3 months later...
Quick Update: I just added a Fumoto 105N and installed the drain hose through the under tray. This was an easy install with a 3/4" hole and rubber grommet. Its a great solution! I've added a pic in my original review in post #9 of this thread.

• 1 month later...
The GTSPEC web site only lists it for the GT. RalliTEK came out with one specifically for 2005-2009 Legacy non-turbo models.

In my searching on this, it looks like the OEM GT and the 2.5i Ltd. under-engine trays are the same part #. Is there any reason the GTSPEC would fit one and not the other?

The OE plastic tray fits either but, at least for the original RalliTEK one, the skid plate did not have enough clearance for the longer headers used on the n/a cars. The GTSPEC piece may have the clearance to fit the 2.5i since they state "Will clear GTSPEC manifold". Contact GTSPEC and ask.

The OE plastic tray fits either but, at least for the original RalliTEK one, the skid plate did not have enough clearance for the longer headers used on the n/a cars. The GTSPEC piece may have the clearance to fit the 2.5i since they state "Will clear GTSPEC manifold". Contact GTSPEC and ask.

That makes sense, thanks for the reply!

Archived